Weekend / Stuff

 

Ellamarie Woolley enamel plaque. This was actually mine before and I sold it to a friend. Luckily I had the opportunity to buy it back. Once upon a time it belonged to Jean Balmer.

I lent it to the Museum of California Design for their California's Designing Women exhibition and it made the cover. 

Also, a huge coincidence that I picked up the exact Dorothy Liebes tiles that were in the exhibition and book.


Bill Stern was a good guy. 
More about that exhibition, here

This Bob Stocksdale piece also has some good provenance. Pamela Weir-Quiton purchased it from Bob himself. 

I rescued this DCM without a seat and the backrest on upside down. It had been inside a shabby chic mall for several months and then they moved to the back yard. It was left for dead under the elements and I just couldn't stand to see it that way. A real "chair"ity move, I know.