Weekend / Stuff

I had a good weekend. Getting pieces by Henry Takemoto and Doyle Lane on the same day doesn't happen often. It's funny that the Takemoto has weed pots on it ann the Lane isn't a weed pot. The cups are by James Makins. 

George Nelson, Carl Aubock and Paolo Soleri. 

Knoll tables and smalls.

I'm not really a Danish guy. However, these are my favorite salt and pepper grinders. They're designed by Kristian Vedel.

And if they're good enough for Sori Yanagi, they're good enough for me.

Source: The Philosophy of Design. Essays by Sori Yanagi

A new one for my ceramic mask wall. It's been a while. 

Here's another look at the Lane bowl. The weed pots get all the attention and I get why. However, I like all utilitarian and odd ball pieces as well.  Plus, the world must have known I needed more Lane in my life. They picked up my loans to the Huntington today. They'll be gone until February. More about the exhibition here: Doyle Lane: Master of Clay