Weekend / Stuff

This is actually from last weekend. I didn't go anywhere this weekend and that makes this the last pile of the year. It was a decent one I think. 


Tony Paul chair for Woodlin Hall and two George Nelson for Howard Miller perforated metal clocks. 

I haven't had one of these model 2204 Howard Miller clocks in a long time. The more I looked at the clocks, the more familiar they looked. I was dying to get home to compare them to Esther and Gross Wood bowls. As you can see, it's an exact match. 

I'm not a George Nelson/Howard Miller expert by any stretch of the imagination but I do know they used some other items by different designers that they transformed into clocks. The seat of a Fritz Hansen stool and Bitossi ceramics are the ones that come to mind. 

That makes it a California Design Nelson Clock. 

I guess you can add Good Design to that as well.