Grossman / Estate Sale

Hurley Residence by Greta Grossman in Hollywood, 1958. 

The Hurley house was sold for the first time in its history and an estate sale was held this past weekend to clear 
the contents. Unfortunately, the contents weren't as good as one would expect from a Grossman designed house. 
Nonetheless, it was a good opportunity to get inside.

Source: Great Magunusson Grossman: A Car and Some Shorts

A new under-structure was added at some point, which ruined the floating aspect of the design. 

Photo by John Hartley, 1958
Source: Great Magunusson Grossman: A Car and Some Shorts 

I hope the new owner starts peeling off some of the funky remodeling. 

The living room in 1958 

The living room in the real estate listing.
 Source: LACurbed

The living room during the sale. I went on the second day and
the Wegner table was still there. At $6k, I'm not surprised.

1958

I heard the Robsjohn-Gibbings chairs we already marked sold before the doors opened. 
I bet the people who spent hours in line for the sale were bummed.

Update: According to Succor Estate Sales (via Twitter)... 
"The Slipper chairs were never advertised/prt of sale, we don't pre-sell!"

So there you go, I guess the person who passed that information onto me was confused.

Photo by John Hartley, 1958
Source: LACurbed

The only thing I thought about buying was this light bulb with a Design Line lamp on the box. 

What are they hiding in there?